12.30.2011

Our First Married Christmas

This was our first Christmas as a married couple and we were crazy busy and we loved it!! We had the Brown Christmas party, the Jensen family Christmas bonanza, the Rainey family party, and Christmas eve dinner at granny and grandpas.
Those were just the family parties, in addition to those we had a friend party at our house where I accidentally didn't cook the chicken long enough and everyone cut into it and it was raw. So we ate everything else while our chicken continued to cook. Then we had a little gift exchange where baby mama was by far the most coveted gift of the night. Cassity's and Morrison's left early because poor Dasha wasn't feeling well but everyone else stayed until the wee hours of the morning. We also had my cute girls dance recital where they did so awesome! I am so proud of them both an they worked really hard this year on their dances. I really love that they love dance and I hope to have a girly-girl one day who also loves it.
For Christmas eve we went to granny and grandpa's for dinner, then we went to my mom's and ate again (we couldn't turn down prime rib) and did our Christmas traditions with my family and then went home about midnight. We loved spending the night alone at our apartment instead of staying at one of our parents houses. We woke up early on Christmas morning so we could open up presents together before going to Michael's parents. We spoiled each other rotten but the main things were Michael got an autographed football from Alex Smith & Frank Gore and the new green jazz shorts, and I got a coat from Nordy's and tickets to lady antebellum.
Then we went to Hanson's and spent a few hours there, we went to granny and grandpa's, went to my mom's, went to my dad's, then back to Hanson's for dinner. It was such a busy day and we were totally spent by 8:00. Regardless of being tired though, we loved it! We had a great Christmas and hope that you did too!!

I kind of sucked at taking pictures, but here are a couple from or festivities.





Michael Troy playing santa at the Brown family party.




The girls and I at their recital




Michael holding Samuel at the Rainey family party. I kind of really love this picture of him...




My sweet nephew Noah playing with some presents from Grandma Ros




Christmas morning




And just for good measure, our Christmas tree skirt that I made for us. I am kind of proud of it.
- Posted with love from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dasha said...

Sorry we had to bail on the party early! I suck. And am still bitter that Megan stole Baby Mama from me.

Chloe Smith said...

Im glad you had a great Holiday season as your first year as a married couple..oh and sounds like someones baby hungry by the "i kindof like this pic" of the hubbs holding the baby ;)