11.28.2011

Update of Our Month

We have had such a busy month! It has gone by so fast, and truthfully I don't remember a lot of the things we did. But here is what I do remember...

We put together a charity poker tournamnet/auction for our friend Alisa who has leukemia. I am not going to lie, it was A TON OF WORK which led to many sleepless nights, but it was so worth every single bit of it. Tons of people donated stuff for us to auction off and then people just kept giving us money that night. Seeing how generous people are always makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. We spent hours making the food for people to eat that night along with some orange almond rolls to be auctioned (delish if I do say so myself and they sold for $45, not to shabby eh), ran a bazillion errands to get stuff, and got the place decorated just in the knick (sp?) of time.
We are so grateful to all of the people who helped us and for everyone who donated and showed up that night. We were able to raise about $7500 for that cute girl. I just know that she is going to win this battle. She is so strong and has such an amazing attitude and outlook. She was actually super sick the night that all of this was going down and she still showed up with a smile on her face and was so grateful for all of it. I have never seen so many tears flow down one persons cheeks in one day before. But hers were constant and filled with happiness and gratitude which made everything so worth it!

We have also attended or watched on the telly many football games. They mainly consist of the utes and the 49ers. I can't help but smile when I see Michael watching football. It is seriously so funny. The things he says and his little dance he does when they get a touch down crack me up. Sometimes I will watch a movie in our room when he is watching the 49ers and I still know everything that is happening because that boy is so loud and he dances/runs back and forth between the kitchen and the living room because he can't sit still. I love it!

One thing that I feel like we have not done lately is see our friends. Life has gotten so busy lately that we don't see them a ton and I don't like it one bit. I am going to make a valiant effort to change that though.  Michael's basketball season just started and so I will at least get to see Dasha every Monday and maybe we can squeeze in some sort of activity before or after the game every now and then?

Thanksgiving was good/hard. We went with Michael's family which was great and I love them oh so much and they totally make me feel so welcome and comfortable but it just isn't the same as being with my family. And I don't think I would have cared so much if my family had stayed here, but they were in St. George and it was the first time they have gone down there and it was my mom's first Thanksgiving since getting divorced so I wanted to go so bad and be with her, but it all turned out fine and there will always be another time.

Then of course after the festivities ended I went shopping! I love me some black friday!!! I went with Kirstin who is my favorite shopping p.i.c and we went to Park City to hit up the outlets for a few hours and got some amaze-balls deals, then headed to Target which seriously was insane. We didn't really pay attention to the line because we were so focused on getting what we needed but by the time we actually got in line it was about a 3 hour wait to check out! So we got on my trusty iPhone and looked up the stuff we had in our arms on target.com and they had all of it for the same price plus free shipping! So needless to say, we just put our stuff down and hurried and ordered our stuff so we didn't have to wait in that insane line. Then we were starving. It was almost 3 a.m. and it had been over 12 hours since our delicious dinners so we hit up the only place we could find open... Rancheritos. And let me tell you it was surprisingly delicious! We are both fairly picky eaters and we loved it! Maybe because we were about to starve to death? But I am just going to go with that it was amazing regardless. Then we made our final stop at Macy's and made out like bandits! I am DONE yes done (besides Michael, which won't be hard) Christmas shopping. And it didn't even break the bank. I heart black Friday. :)

Now let the other holiday festivities begin!!!

1 comment:

wjhans said...

Morgan, we loved having you both with us for Thanksgiving. It is going to be hard transitioning to the every other year routine. But I understand it. I know you missed you're mom. It's only natural. You and your mom have a special and unique relationship. I love that. I love you too! We are going to have many wonderful holidays together. Lots of memories to come. Im proud to have you as my Dil! Love ya! Mil